Sunday, March 6, 2011

Wristbands For Causes Meanings

niedoczytanych history books, which briefly about "Twelfth Night" Susan Minot and "Forging a crossroads," Eve Siarkiewicz.

I do not like not to finish books. From the ground I try to give them a chance as long as possible, nierzedko to the end, it would be able to gain me as a grateful reader. We really try, but there are moments when I read these books when my voice of reason speaks to me realizing what time it is drudgery marnotrastwem over what attracted me, not fun, not moved. But there are so many books to explore


recently happened to me twice to leave the book while reading. First, after reading half a novel, I gave it up to "evening," Susan Minot, and later (read: today) ended prematurely his adventure with "The Forge at a crossroads," Eve Siarkiewicz. How did it happen that I with them have failed? Well, yes ...




As you may have to part with you, "Evening" went into my hands 'with' monthly MRS. Since MRS has ever made me a gift, "The Painted Veil," which has seduced me, I thought it worthwhile to give the "evening," a chance.


main character of the novel is Ann Lord, who on his deathbed, recalls his past life, love and random perturbations, which she managed for better or for worse defeat.
Together with Ann we go back in time a few years, the moment when she arrives for the wedding of a beloved friend and meets a handsome, seductive young physician in which falls in love ... Through the dying know Ann well as its subsequent fate, more or less successful marriage, children. All these memories are interwoven with the events teraźniejszymi, what is going on between her and her children, and a kind of conversation with a former sweetheart Ann ...


novel, both on the cover as well as numerous recenzjach is described as "Wonderful, intelligent, uplifting" or "excellent prose". Unfortunately I have not discovered in this book what people think of recommendation it should. Umęczyłam to this book very much. Something that could be described in more volatile and accessible way for me turned out to be very sluggish and dull. I read every page with a view to how much I have left to the end of the chapter. I believe that the wonderful prose of Susan Minot, it was not a great way of writing ... What else has failed me in this book are the lack of a really good story (read story). From the first page it's not me in the enchanted, does not cause that I want to know what was the continuation of the events described. Unfortunately, the book turned out to be niezykle boring! Even now when looking into it blows away the excess patetyzmem, boring, dull dialogue and language, which can not be read with pleasure.
this way, just a novel "Evening" ended on the 120th


Now, on novel number two, or "gymnasium at a crossroads," Eve Siarkiewicz.
This book is my only disappointment and angry (literally!). The book I got from the exchange of Kaś . Although the book review was not very flattering thought that each creature finds its amateur and I'll give it a chance. Unfortunately as it turned out both the opportunity and my good will came to nothing. The book is not for me x 3




"The Forge at a crossroads," tells the story of Adela. Adela has thirty years, the man whom he hates, hates the in-laws, parents who do not like, and do not appreciate her, telling her what move that is more than deserves his sister Laura, whom he loves despite the opposition of parents who hate sisters and two friends: Ula and Iwona. Adela lives the life of what she wanted most reasonably minded and valuing women. Her husband is a total idiot and inward-looking buffoon, who at every turn gives her to understand that there is nothing for him. Adela seems to realize this, but it is devoid of an ounce of courage and the will of his unsatisfying marriage of unknown and unknown freedom. This is just one of the three things that drove me to a passion for reading this book. Because if you can give to humiliate, if you can translate the sense of being ahead in that regard! I was really bad reading the paragraphs describing the marriage of the two, the docility and Adela of duty in relation to her husband and the total lack of trust and the need to fight for themselves ... I realize that such situations exist, such marriages often spend years together, if not life, but I did not change the fact that I can not understand this, especially performed by young, childless, a pretty woman!


Fortunately for Adela's on its way towards becoming a fairy Eleanor. She reminds her that it is situated at a crossroads and that it will choose which way now going to be all over it later in life. Here is the second thread appears to me from the deterrent effect of the novel. Eve Siarkiewicz, managing editor of esoteric-astrological magazine "Stars say" decided to use a laboratory at the crossroads' as' praise of divination '. Throughout the book (at least until which I read), the author throws us a 'haunted' view wróżbiarską words, phrases, thoughts ... Everywhere walked behind me as I disliked the smell of incense, on each side saw the charms, cards, balls showing the future. Even the author's picture posted on the cover of the book brings us to this way of thinking. Divination haunted me, and this is definitely not what I like.


third thing that really bothered me was there such a negative image of Catholics in this book. I understand that not everyone believes in God, not everyone has the same thoughts on some topics, and also understand that the fairies and Catholicism is a surefire conflict of views, but why so much of this in this book! If you want to read about his faith described in a good way or not I reach for a book which deals with this topic. I do not like to be 'guided' the right way through the book that its title and cover art suggests that the book will be purely entertaining and relaxing. I do not want that in this type of book in the manner shown zaowalowany I was like 'backward', according to some I'm a man ...


suspect przeczytałabym book that would contain in itself one, up two of these three elements. Unfortunately, this includes them all, and that's too much for me. I could not get the book, play or enjoy, because virtually every piece was something that annoyed me, and reversed my negative attention from the content. Therefore, his adventure with "The Forge at a crossroads," ended on page 116, and in general I do not pull to find out what happened next.




S. Minot, Evening, published by The Mirror, Warszawa 2010, s.269.
E. Siarkiewicz, The Forge at the crossroads, World Books Publishing House, Warsaw 2008, s.365.

0 comments:

Post a Comment