Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Catchy Names For Western Theme

Orhan Pamuk "House of Silence".

It is not surprising that a man with a taste of kneading time: literary, music, video, or this for it in what, how and when we wear. I am already at this stage that, after many mistakes, blind alleys and bad choices, I feel that each of these fields, I know what I want, what I want and what I like. I want to know what shoes to wear, in which the clothes in which the colors I feel fine. I know what music I will soothe and stimulate the life which I know what movie I laugh, and what upset. I also know what books I like. And here starts the problem, because as we all know knowledge is one thing, a willingness to try something new is another. What if it turns out that we discover for ourselves a brand new, surprising, interesting areas of literature, music, art, film and fashion. However, there is still the other side of the coin: we can be disappointed ...


When I reached the book Orhan Pamuk just a desire to discover something new for themselves. Although I knew a long time that the subject of the Middle East in general appeals to me, took the risk. How can you not give a chance to Nobel Prize winners? novel, which led me to Turkey was "House of Silence" is the same author.




"House of Silence" is a story of blood ties, and the title is an old tenement house in Cennethisarze in which these bonds are tested.

story begins at a time when Fatma, old, lonely, afraid of the past, a woman awaiting the arrival of his three grandchildren. The old lady who lives in a house only in the company of his servant, a dwarf Recep not expecting much from the children of his only son and grandson Dogana Selafattina her husband. Fatma knows exactly how her grandchildren will behave, what will be asked what they will want from her grandmother, but she wants to ask them only one question ...

When Nilgun, and Faruk Metin come are received with due respect in the house of their grandmother by Recep. Serving all of them still remembers the time when they were kids and played with his nephew Hassan. Recep knows he owes a lot to jaśniepani Fatmi and, therefore, reconciled with her difficult fate trying our best to fulfill their duties and obligations, living at the same time quietly and alone.

Nilgun, and Faruk Metin Dogan are children, the son of Fatma. The trio, despite being siblings is very different from each other. Everyone has a different view of the world, everyone expects something from him another, each sees its future in an entirely different way. Faruk is a historian who tries to discover in old documents as a response to the plague in Turkey. Alone, left by the wife of a man slowly begins to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather and father's drowning his sorrow in alcohol and failure.
Powered by dreams of America. Youth by providing tutoring the rich want to earn enough to be able to travel to the United States. There he wants to go to school to earn some extra money and later with the success and wealth return to Turkey. Powered by one hand he despises the rich children of rich parents living in Turkey, on the other dreams of being one of them. He wants to belong to them and hard to reconcile him with the fact that between himself and those rich kids, there is a gap.
Nilgun is a communist, revolutionist, and a student of sociology.

For each of them, it is the only road that leads to happiness and fulfillment in life, therefore, their encounter with each other in one house is an opportunity for conflict, misunderstanding and collision of characters ...

"House of Silence" is in some sense a story about growing up and how our views on life are changing with us. It is also a tale of blood ties and loyalty, which is sometimes stronger than them. It's the end of the story of Turkey, its history and problems.

As for me, after reading the book I am no longer sure that this is not my 'fairy tale'. Just as I thought before the Middle East is not close to my heart ... I could not get in this book I could not be traced in it and I could not breathe the stifling, the Turkish air. Probably for this reason is not well with the style of literary zachłysnęłam Orhan Pamuk. A little irritated me a five-book narrative, since every chapter at the beginning I had an idea at which point I am now, which of the five people: Fatma, Recep, Hassan, Faruk Metin and lead me through this part of the novel.

Unfortunately, as I wrote the above book, I did not like and why I can not say anything more about it. I read it a little mechanically, sometimes I avoid parties and do not pay much attention to the meaning of certain situations or words. Since my reading of this book looks in this way you will not either encourage nor to her to dissuade from it. I've never been a fan of literature or an expert from the region of the world and I do not feel appropriate to spend on the courts of the book, which was my 'attempt', and which surely many of you have seduced or seduce. The choice is yours:)


O. Pamuk, House silence Books, 2009, s.403.

0 comments:

Post a Comment