Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How Many Points Is In Kettle Korn

"Father Raphael. Niepokojne times" Maciej Grabski and my little excuse ...

Referring to the title of the book Maciej Grabski came restless, difficult times for my blog and my activity readership ... It so happens that what is happening lately in my life is not conducive to delving into the reading. But from the beginning ... In the last month I was able to be twice in Poland: the first 'expedition' was related to my work and business tasks, and the other as you might guess was a visit to Easter:) As for this blog I must explain is that the this stage of my life, when it travels to Polish happen to me rarely and briefly, I can not and do not I intended no time to 'lose' on the book, because such situations are there to meet, talk and have fun! That's why I read in the last month, only two (!) Books, and although on the one hand I feel guilty for neglecting the blog and my life as a reader, the other makes me glad that I had the opportunity to spend April in one or the other way!: )


As has already apologized for the past tense, future tense or excuse ... May promises to be a fact in my life as hard, but definitely in other respects, namely: exams ... In the coming weeks ahead of me a lot of reading (about 2 000 pages in English) which, unfortunately, does not constitute a reason to describe their impressions after him on this blog. But I do hope that my effort would not be in vain and the upcoming, final exams before last semester I would go so successful that in June from full swing to get back to what the "tigers are most like" or reading for pleasure! Ok, I wrote what I wanted and now that does not extend pass to the more pleasant parts of this post, which is my 'review':)




With curiosity, but also with some apprehension reached the second part of the story here in office at the parish priest gródkowskiej Rafale. This was due to the fact that the first part made me really big, positive impression, and as anyone who liked something I did not want to be continued in any way adversely affected my perception of this book. What can I say now now is that the second part, "the Rev. Raphael," not only did not disappoint me, but also aroused in me a feeling of waiting for more ... Waiting for part three!)

Through the book "Father Raphael. Troubled times" back to Grodek. Again, sit in the kitchen in the rectory, and together with Rafal and his ten-Parish Council we are living the life of this small yet charming town. Once again we see how Raphael struggling with circulating about him slander and gossip, at the same time helping and encouraging their parishioners in the everyday, hard life ...

"Father Raphael. Niepokojne times" begins at the end of the previous book: Bishop Jacob dies, and Karol Wojtyla is elected Pope and takes the name John Paul II. Both of these events have a great impression not only on the priest from parish Grodecki, but also for all its residents.
Father Raphael can not fully enjoy the election of Karol Wojtyla as pope, and it is because of Jacob's death brings behind unexpected changes in his life. Raphael is blessed with two things: the first is the portfolio of the late Bishop James containing countless documents that can be used badly confusion and anxiety in the Polish Church, while the second is money that gets Grodecka parish in the fall of their utilization, and which they spend a dream the eye of Father Raphael and other persons hostile to him ...
Raphael wisely and carefully trying to deal with the situation, but once again in his career, it appears that the small parish priest is really nothing for someone who is both in relation to money, and later to document other intentions ... Raphael is coming for the title "troubled times". The priest, who until now believed Gródek for quiet, free from evil place, begins to notice that nothing is given forever, and anxiety and evil can penetrate everywhere, if wisely will not fight him ...

"Father Raphael. Niepokojne Times" tells the story of three consecutive years in the life of Father Raphael Grodek. The story begins in 1978 and ends in 1981, when martial law is declared and for the Polish and its people comes the difficult time. I must say that what the first part surprised me, and maybe a little disappointed, or the time in which the literary novel is set in the second aroused in me a huge wave of positive feelings! Reading the first part I wanted and waited for some repetition of the "Ranches" or any other similar stories, and the second was glad that I did not get it! In my opinion, put the "Fr Rafal 'between the PRL, it was really good 'move':) This way, withdrew during these few years, learning about life in small parish where my parents grew up during the 70's and 80's. I realized how much was movies or books recounting the toil of life in the city in times of communism. "Father Raphael" made me realize how it looked or how it could look like such a life in the countryside or small town, where people did not live to great politics, but the problems of his small community ... Perhaps it is this aspect of the books by Maciej Grabski, I appreciate the most. Of course, both the previous and this part of the story of Father Raphael, shows us how complicated 'body' is the Church, as it is not free from problems and envy, jealousy or careerism, as sometimes it is not easy to be a good priest and a good man ...

seems to me that I can talk about this book in superlatives. Obviously this is not a book that can compare to the masterpieces of world literature, but I also know that the intention of this book has never had be. it is simply a good, wise, easy acceptance with which the novel is worth a stop and spend some time with her. I recommend:)

Ps. The only thing that disappointed me a bit is to change the style of the covers, both this and the first part of the story of Father Raphael. I do not like to feel obligated to imagine the hero in a particular way, and they cover in some way they do ... Fortunately, my Father Raphael was in my head at the previous section with a different cover and now he's not hurt: P



M. Grabski, Father Raphael. Troubled times, Wydawnictwo Znak, Kraków 2011, s.364.

0 comments:

Post a Comment